Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snoop Dogg Breaks Down How Suge Knight Use To Rob Producers "Tell That N*gga U Produced The Beat Give Him $500 & Tell Him To Kick Rocks" Offers Advice To New Producers [Video]




After being in the rap game nearly 20 years, Snoop Dogg has just about seen and done it all. From working with veteran producers like Dr Dre, to helping new beat makers like Scoop DeVille make a name for themselves.

In this interview with Taj Mahal, Snoop breaks down the proper etiquette when dealing with a star like himself if you're a new producer.

"I always give n*ggas a chance ... n*ggas that aint got no name. I love giving them a chance by rapping on they beats," Snoop said. "I'm just saying when I do that, don't rob me, rob the next n*gga. Cuz I'm the n**** you tell people, "yeah Snoop gave me $20,000 for the beat.' Nah I aint gave you s***, but you tell a n*gga I gave you $20,000, that's how you leverage the game."

Snoop also recalled how he brought Soopafly into the game with a song that was featured on the 'Murder Was The Case' soundtrack. It was at a time when Death Row Records was at it's peak and Suge Knight was maybe the most feared man in the music industry.

"This n*gga Slip Capone and CPO, Soopafly did a beat for them and they didn't like the beat - ended up being the song on the Murder Was The Case soundtrack, '9 in the morning feds at my door', Who Got Some Gangsta Sh*t," Snoop explained. "I took the beat, gave him 5G's, he had never made a beat for nobody, and I gave him his publishing. And I gave him his credit, I could have said produced by Snoop Dogg. I was on Death Row back then, that's what Suge Knight told me to tell him. He said, "Tell that n*gga you produced the beat, give him $500 and tell him to kick rocks. I said, 'nah I like the lil n*gga I think he might be good with our crew and look where he at."






There's a lot more to the interview so peep it below and please leave your thoughts and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment